Shadow boxing shoulder workout
We included 3 punches into this workout program and believe me, the combination of these 3 punches will get your shoulders burning within minutes!
But as always, you will need to warm up before starting of with this routine.
- side circles: raise your arms to your sides at shoulder height and extend them fully. Draw small circles with your arms.
- front circles: raise your arms in front of you at shoulder height and extend them fully. Draw small circles (clockwise and counter clockwise).
- up and downs: raise your arms in front of you at shoulder height and extend them fully. Slightly move your arms up and down (a few inches) in an alternating manner.
- the jab or front punch: go into fighting position (one foot in front, both arms up to cover your face) and punch with your front arm to your (imaginary) opponents head. Your rear arm keeps covering your face, so keep this one up all the time.
- the hook: go into fighting position and punch with your front arm to the side of your opponents head. Again your rear arm keeps covering your face.
- the uppercut: go into fighting position and bend slightly forward while bringing your front arm up, punching the chin of your opponent. Keep your rear arm covering your face.
Repeat these 3 punches for 60 seconds each (switching hands after 30 seconds) if you perform this workout with weights. Working out with weights puts the focus on strength training.
Variations: you can also do one left (or right) jab, followed by one left (or right) hook and one left (or right) uppercut and repeat this combination of punches until your time’s up or until you have punched for let’s say 25 times with one arm. Another variation on the jab and the hook is to punch towards your (imaginary) opponents chest. This you can do to finish your workout if your shoulders have too much trouble with keeping the weights up.
Repeat these 3 punches for 2 to 3 minutes per arm and per punch if you work out without weights. Working out without weights puts more focus on endurance.
Come back and share your thoughts on this shoulder burning workout. Know that this won’t make you a boxer. Good luck!